I’m not very experienced with Blogger Awards but when someone nominates you for one, there is undoubtedly a sense of pride (however small) that people appreciate what you do. I hear that some people are irritated by them, but I think it is nice to spread the cheer.
It has taken me some time to follow up my nomination from the lovely Michelle who writes regularly on her blog The Green Study. There are a few rules involved in the Beautiful Blogger Award. I’ve worked my way through them:
Identify and show appreciation of the blogger who awarded you.
Michelle was one of my first followers and always has kind things to say about my work. She writes beautifully about her life, her daughter, her observations and often her posts are dosed with humor.
You must add the award logo to your blog.
Added to my “About” page.
Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
- I used to work in a zoo looking after a baby elephant. I appeared on television with said elephant and can confirm that animals and TV do not mix.
- For a short while I rode a Harley.
- I’ve had a varied career path. I was once a firefighter before it dawned on me that burning to death would be a horrible way to die.
- I love animals but my other half is yet to be convinced that our life would be so much more interesting with a dog in it.
- I truly have big hair.
- I secretly hope that one day someone will see my drawings and say ‘hey, let’s collaborate on something’.
- I dissected my own kidney in a biology class. Of course you wouldn’t be able to do that nowadays, but in back then when you had an operation you could take your body parts home in a pot…. That’s what I did. And I wonder why people think I’m weird.
You must nominate 5-10
bloggers you read regularly for this award.
All of my nominations are for fellow artists. I would like to start with Rusty Doodle. Rusty is a doodler/cartoonist who after years of ignoring his passion to follow other career paths, has finally turned his hand to what he loves.
Silent Paige “was a child witness to domestic abuse. She uses comics as her preferred medium to explore the experience and legacy of that.” Beautifully illustrated, I wait with baited breath to see the next installment.
The Illustrious Peacock. “Bringing a touch of beautiful into everyday life”. Fabulous filmography, photography and design.
The Cutting Edge – often rude, often crude but always funny.
An Owl a Day – What a challenge! Drawing an owl a day for 365 days. I love these quirky little illustrations. Who would of thought it was possible to create a different one every day.
Inform your nominees that you nominated them.
Thank you very much indeed!
Reblogged this on and commented:
Hi Everyone, It’s Monday again. Do take out some time and view this!.Have a nice day
Thank you so much, I’m glad you like my cartoon – sorry it’s a bit rude most of the time! 🙂
Thank you for the nomination!
You’re welcome! Well done on the Zazzle thing!